I bought a mandoline months ago and had it in my pantry without evening opening it once. I finally dug it out and I’m hooked!
Important PSA: I have already cut myself twice, so don’t be like me, use the hand protector!
My favorite veggie to slice perfectly thinly has been Brussels sprouts! They are so good raw this way, or cooked like in my Warm Brussels & Mushroom Sprout Salad or my Mushroom & Brussels Sprout Tacos.
I was feeling in a rut with salads and not really in the mood to eat them these days, so when I incorporated these shredded goodies with some sweet mini peppers, avocado and corn, it was MAGIC.
Let’s get to it!
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 10 mini sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 ear of cooked corn on the cob, or 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Step 1 1. Using mandolin or knife, thinly slice Brussels sprouts and peppers. Cut corn kernels off corn on the cob, or measure our 1/2 cup corn kernels from a can. Remove core from avocado and slice.
- Step 2 2. Combine all the veggies into bowl. When ready to serve, season with salt & pepper, then pour olive oil & vinegar around the edges of the bowl and toss.
Super easy. You can buy the Brussels sprouts pre-sliced in most stores, but using the mandoline can provide you with that quickly and evenly.
There are two ways to dress a salad in my world – add the dressing into a bowl first then add the salad, or pour some olive oil and vinegar around the edges of the bowl after adding in the veg. I am not sure if this “edge dressing method” does anything or is a placebo effect, but whenever I do it this way, I swear it tastes 10x better. Just sayin’.
Add some herbs, like cilantro or parsley for more freshness. Or other veggies you like.
Whichever way you do it, make it how you love it!
As always, lots of LOVE,
This post contains an affiliate link from Amazon. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. However you will not be charged extra for any purchases made from this site.