Say HI to these little cuties!
They are roasted chickpeas – I am sure you’ve heard of this by now, or maybe have seen them around Pinterest, or even pre-made sold at stores. They are definitely not a new fad, but I still find a lot of people I know haven’t actually tried them.
I shared this recipe for them years ago but they were a-top a salad, so I figured it might make sense to post a whole separate recipe if you JUST want to make these.
I use my ultimate spice combo here – smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper. These combined make the perfect savory flavor for most things – but especially these. Working on a college campus, I am always trying to find alternatives to nuts (due to concerns for allergies) and I recently sampled these to my college students. It was a HIT!
- 16 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Step 1 After rinsing chickpeas, make sure they have completely dried using towel, or paper towels.
- Step 2 Add olive oil and spices to chickpeas, incorporating it well.
- Step 3 Place on a baking pan, with the chickpeas nice and spread out.
- Step 4 Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes, or until crispy. Shake pan through half way.
There you have it! It’s really quite simple to make and can be stored and eaten for a day or 2 later. Just make sure they are completely cooled before storing it in a zip lock or Tupperware, so it doesn’t steam and soften the chickpeas too much.
You may want to leave them in the oven a little longer if they aren’t all crispy, since each oven varies! I like to sprinkle on a little extra salt at the end. These would pair really well with some cheese, like a sharp cheddar, or you can be extra fancy and add it to a cheese board!
Hope you enjoy this recipe, as always!
Lots of LOVE,