This is a great way to increase your vegetable intake, up the fiber and still feel incredibly satisfied.
Let’s get cooking!
1 large cauliflower
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp olive oil
Salt&Pepper, to taste
**Can use ready to cook version sold in stores, about 2-4 cups
1 tbsp olive oil
8 oz container portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 butternut squash, chopped
2 yellow squash, chopped
2 tomatos, chopped
1 large clove garlic (or 2 small), minced or pressed through garlic press
3/4 tsp salt & pepper
1-2 inches Parmesan cheese Rind (optional)
1. Begin stew by warming up olive oil on medium heat in a large pot or dutch oven. Begin sautéing mushrooms, about 3-5 minutes, until they are seared and begin to reduce in size.
2. Add yellow squash and butternut squash. Stir to combine and cook about 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic, salt and pepper. Once garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds, add tomato and stir. Add Parmesan rind, stir in, cover and cook on low heat for 30-40 minutes. Check half way through and stir.
4. While stew cooks, cut cauliflower into florets. In two batches, add to food processor and pulse until cauliflower has rice like consistency.
5. On medium heat, add olive oil to sauté pan. Add 1/2 tbsp olive oil and cook onions, until translucent. Increase heat to medium-high and add cauliflower couscous. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Season with salt& pepper, to taste.
6. Remove rind from stew at completion of cooking.
However you do it, make it how you LOVE it.
As always, hope you enjoy!
Lots of LOVE,