Hello everyone! It is Labor Day and that means that summer is coming to an end! I mean, we’ll probably still have at least another month or so of summer weather but as the season changes, so does the food. Perfect time to try out my newest recipe…this one pot chicken & mushroom pasta is simple and delicious!
Hope you all had a fantastic summer!
Let’s get cooking!
One Pot Chicken & Mushroom Pasta
One pot pasta made with chicken thighs, mushrooms, and your favorite sauce...plus cheese, of course!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp salt (divided)
- 1 tsp + 1/2tsp ground black pepper (divided)
- 8 oz portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed through garlic press
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups pasta of your choice
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a dutch oven (or a pan that can be placed in oven), heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium to high heat. Season the chicken thighs with about 1 tsp salt and pepper (may use more or less depending on size of thighs)
- Step 2 Sear chicken thighs on each side, about 1-2 minutes, or until they have browned. You do not want to cook them through. After both sides have browned, remove from dutch oven and set aside.
- Step 3 Add in remaining 1/2 tbsp olive oil and mushrooms. Stirring frequently, add in remaining salt and pepper and cook until they have shrunk in size and are mostly cooked.
- Step 4 Add garlic, stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add in pasta sauce and water. Bring to a boil and then add in pasta and chicken thighs.
- Step 5 Bake, covered for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove from oven, add cheese and bake a remaining 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Step 6 Serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan!
Keep in mind that as the pasta sits, it will continue to cook so if you are not serving immediately, try to remove from your pan to let it cool in order to prevent overcooked pasta!
The pasta is perfectly cooked, the chicken is nice and tender and the sauce thickens up perfectly. You can add in extra veggies of your choice or serve with a refreshing side salad.
However you do it, make it how you love it!
Lots of LOVE,