By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
I am so excited to share this amazing recipe with you today. My go-to hummus brand is Sabra. And now they have a new line of spreads! These come in 3 flavors: Honey Mustard, Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper, and Garlic Herb.
The Recipe Redux has challenged us to use these and adapt them into our favorite sandwiches. It was a tough decision picking one to use, but as soon as I saw the honey mustard, my mind instantly went to egg salad!
I decided to make it deviled egg style, since those recipes tend to call for both mayo and mustard. How convenient is it that this spread has BOTH!? Plus, it comes in a convenient squeeze bottle which is adorable and easy to spread or mix into sandwiches.
Can’t beat that in my book…Let’s get cooking!
Deviled Egg Salad with Sabra Honey Mustard Spread
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- 2 tbsp Sabra Spreads: Honey Mustard
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 slices whole grain toast
- Toppings of your choice (I used romaine lettuce)
- Step 1 Place eggs into medium sauce pan with enough water to cover them about an inch. Place on stove on high heat and bring to boil. When water comes to rolling boil, reduce heat to medium and set timer for 6 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Step 2 When timer goes off, immediately place eggs into iced water or run cold water for a few minutes to stop cooking and cool down.
- Step 3 Peel eggs and chop. Combine with Sabra Spread, hot sauce, Worcestershire, and season with smoked paprika, salt & pepper, to taste.
- Step 4 Assemble on whole grain toast with toppings of your choice! Garnish with a little extra paprika for that deviled egg look.
SO good, incredibly easy to make and perfect sandwich for lunch, dinner or even as a snack!The Sabra Spread adds a nice creaminess, plus some tanginess with the honey mustard balanced with some smoked paprika, plus some extra savory notes with the Worcestershire. Not to mention, a little heat from the hot sauce. All comes together perfectly with crispy romaine and toasted whole grain bread. Add any toppings you like, such as sliced tomato or cucumber slices.
However you do it, make it how you love it!
As always, hope you enjoy!
Lots of LOVE,