Superbowl Sunday is almost upon us and I couldn’t resist making one more recipe to go along side my Mini Cheeseburger Bites. Plus, I wanted to make sure I had something good for all my vegetarians and veggie lovers out there. I love appetizers. Sometimes the appetizer menu has the tastiest options, including some favorites such as buffalo wings, nachos and hummus.
Since I love buffalo wings, I have also become a HUGE fan of making buffalo cauliflower! Cauliflower has made a major comeback into all of our lives and I am so glad it did. You can make it in so many different ways, from roasting the cauliflower with hot sauce on the side to this amazing recipe by the Inventive Vegetarian, where it is lightly breaded and baked.
I also love a good buffalo chicken dip, so I thought why not try this with cauliflower?
You can certainly try taking your favorite buffalo chicken dip and substituting the chicken for cauliflower, but I love using beans for making dips like hummus so I decided to give it a go! Oh em gee, it was so good. I couldn’t stop eating it after I was done taking my photos.
It’s creamy and spicy, and has a nice texture from the cauliflower. It’s also super easy to make.
Let’s get to cooking!
Buffalo Cauliflower & Bean Dip
- 1-15oz can Cannellini beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's)
- 2 tbsp ranch or blue cheese dressing (whichever you like!)
- 1/2 large cauliflower, grated or riced cauli (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- chives, for garnish (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season grated or riced cauliflower with salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Coat with olive oil and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the cauliflower is crispy. Stir the cauliflower about half way through the cooking time.
- Step 2 In a food processor, add beans, hot sauce and ranch or blue cheese (I used blue cheese) and mix until smooth. Add small pinch of salt, to enhance the flavors.
- Step 3 When cauliflower is finished, stir into dip and serve with chopped chives for garnish.
There you have it!
Simple and so so tasty.
You can serve this like I did, with the 4 c’s: carrots, celery, cucumber or chips.
Bell pepper would also be good, or anything that has a nice crunch to it.It’s smooth, has a nice bite and just a hint of spice. Certainly feel free to add extra cayenne for some added heat. You can also top it with crumbled bleu
However you do it, as always, make it how you LOVE it and I hope you enjoy.
Lots of LOVE,