I had to experiment with these a few times, but they have come out PERFECT. Like, serious PERFECTION. I ate 3 as soon as I was done photographing them. There are only a few ingredients, they are baked to crispy perfection and paired with an avocado salad, it is just divine.
I use old bay to give your taste buds a crab cake reminder, plus a nice chewy texture with some chunks so they aren’t too mushy.
So damn good.
Let’s get to it!
Broccoli Cauliflower Cakes
- 24 oz frozen, steamable broccoli and cauliflower (I used two 12oz bags)
- 1 tsp old bay
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt & pepper
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Step 1 1. Steam veggies, per instructions on package. Drain and dry completely. Preheat oven to 400 degrees at this time.
- Step 2 2. Divide florets and stems. Place stems into food processor first, pulse until finely chopped and then add florets. (Optional step – can add whole pieces, if you’d like.)
- Step 3 3. Pulse several times to combine. May have to do in batches, depending on size of food processor.
- Step 4 3. Add into bowl with remaining ingredients, except for olive oil. Combine until blended.
- Step 5 4. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, make cakes using heaping 1.5 tbsp measure. Roll into balls, then place on baking sheet and press to flatten. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Step 6 5. After 20 minutes, broil for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Keep an eye on it to prevent burning.
There you have it!
These are absolutely delicious…the lemon juice brightens it up for a nice finish. I also served these with an avocado salad which gave it a nice creamy addition which balanced it out.
This would be good with some extra hot sauce, served with a lean protein and some fresh veggies.
However you do it, make it how you love it!
As always, hope you enjoy!
Lots of LOVE,